MYR 5000 – MYR 5500
- Please submit application thru www.worldfishcenter.org
- Comprehensive and attractive benefits, flexible working hours
- Opportunity to help the poor and vulnerable people globally
The important of this role is to enable the effective implementation of the gender strategy at WorldFish, including the CGIAR Research Program on Fish Agri-food Systems (FISH) which work closely with the Gender Research Leader. The Research Analyst will be responsible for the three main areas:
Analysis: Undertaking effective relevant literature reviews and qualitative or quantitative empirical analysis for a range of key gender studies;
Monitoring and evaluation for learning: Pro-actively collating, interpreting and managing data on Gender Research Theme’s influence on policy and/or uptake of Theme findings by other agencies or programs;
Communication: Enabling smooth and regular communication within the Gender Research Theme, including organizing and co-facilitating virtual and in person meetings.
The position will allow for growth as a researcher/scientist, including contribution to at least one high quality ISI publication per year. The successful candidate will:
- High quality review and analysis of gender literature undertaken for key studies.
- High quality analysis of empirical qualitative and quantitative data delivered for a range of studies.
- Effective tracking, interpreting and managing data (ME&L) on the uptake and influence of the Gender Research Theme’s research, innovations and recommendations, as well as contributions to team learning and improvement.
- Timely tracking and sharing of Gender Research Theme research outputs (articles, manuals, etc), including working with the WorldFish Communications team to promote visibility of key outputs.
- Contributions to the design of a range of gender studies and approaches and tools as needed as well as support in training gender team members and partners and in a data collection and analysis.
- Up to date and well-organized reference database and empirical data base maintained and available for the gender theme and WorldFish use.
- Coordinate gender theme communications (incl. its monthly Skype meetings) and gender theme activities (incl. workshops and training.
This job might be for you if you have the following skills and experience:
- Master’s Degree in Gender or in Development Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, Economics or a related social science field with a significant focus on gender.
- Personal commitment to gender equality.
- Strong skills in literature review and synthesis.
- Strong qualitative and/or quantitative social data analysis skills, including competence in a qualitative software (such as NVivo) and/or a quantitative data analysis software (such as SPSS or R).
- Strong verbal and written proficiency in English
- Proven data management and organizational skills.
- Positive team player and learning attitude.
- Pro-active approach to work and problem solving.
Ideally, the candidate may also bring these skills:
- Understanding of various bodies of gender literature and approaches in the field, including gender transformative approaches.
- Experienced with Mendeley or other reference management software.
- Experience in conducting trainings or coaching on research or other skills.
- Competency and interest in effective data visualization.
Salary & Benefits
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with salary ranging in between MYR 5,200 to MYR 5,500 per month. WorldFish offers a competitive remuneration package including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, 15% employer provident fund contribution, paid leave and others.
The position will be based in Penang, Malaysia. Interviews are expected to be held virtually and only shortlisted candidate will be notified. The successful candidate should be available to commence as soon as possible for an initial of sixteen (16) months fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding situation.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online in WorldFish career page or by clicking to this link: https://apply.workable.com/worldfish/j/89E82254E8/ latest by 31 August 2020:
- A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate for this role referring to the key responsibilities and what you would bring to the role;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.
Screening will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Our Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
WorldFish has seven offices across Asia, Africa and the Pacific, with more than 400 staff and 27 nationalities who contribute to a dynamic multicultural work environment.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity and inclusion is valued and we seek to have gender balance in the organization. Our Leadership Team is 50/50 in terms of its gender split and 60% of our management cadre are women. We continue to seek diversity and gender balance across other dimensions and we support individual performance and potential in achieving our organizational goals and mission.
We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage women and men from developing nations to apply.